Preventive actions must be adopted in order to perpetuate life of monuments and historical aggregates in seismic areas, in due time. One of the main specificities regarding the protection of cultural heritage assets is to consider both safety and conservation that guarantees their capacity of lasting over time against decay, natural hazards and extreme events, without losing their authenticity and usability. The Research Unit of SDGEE provides advanced assessment of cultural heritage assets including:
- Seismic hazard analysis and estimation of design strong motions
- Soil-foundation-structure interaction analysis
- Ambient noise measur e ments and strong ground motion instrumentation
- Structural health monitoring and pathology assessment
- Dynamic analysis and design of strengthening interventions
- Vulnerability assessment and risk analysis
PERPETUATE • Consulting: KB Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities
• Karatzetzou A, Pitilakis D, Kržan M, Bosiljkov V, 2015, Soil–foundation–structure interaction and vulnerability assessment of the Neoclassical School in Rhodes, Greece. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 13:411-428.
• Pitilakis D, Karatzetzou A, 2015, Dynamic stiffness of monumental flexible masonry foundations. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 13:67-82.