The Research Unit of SDGEE has a long experience in analysis and design of structures in highly seismic regions, accounting for realistic soil conditions. Using advanced numerical tools, we perform state-of-the-art earthquake assessment of existing buildings, bridges, monuments and infrastructures, as well as state-ofpractice design of new structures.
- Analysis of new and existing structures
- Performance-based design of structures and infrastructures
- 2D-3D soil-foundation-structure interaction and topography effects
- Seismic assessment and retrofitting of structures
- Seismic assessment and mitigation design of monumental buildings
- Earthquake resistant design of foundations
SERIES • NEMISREF • Consulting projects in Greece
• Karatzetzou A, Pitilakis D, Kržan M, Bosiljkov V (2015). Soil–foundation–structure interaction and vulnerability assessment of the Neo - classical School in Rhodes, Greece. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, 13(1): 411-428.
• Karapetrou S, Fotopoulou S, Pitilakis K (2015). Seismic vulnerability assessment of high-rise non-ductile RC buildings considering soil- structure interaction effects. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 73: 42-57.