Realistic seismic hazard assessment is a fundamental prerequisite for to effectively mitigating mitigate risk from earthquakes. The Research Unit of SDGEE has a multi-year experience in both probabilistic and deterministic seismic hazard assessment, methodologies and has been a key partner in most pertinent European projects, including the most recent SHARE (http://www.share-eu.org) project that produced the new seismic hazard map of Europe. Our specialization covers the fields of:
- Deterministic Seismic Hazard Assessment
- Probabilistic Seismic Hazard Assessment
- Site response analyses (1D, 2D, 3D, linear, non-linear, equivalent-linear)
- Development of Ground Motion Prediction Equations
- Studying the Variability of Strong Ground Motion (Single Station Sigma)
Our tools include a variety of broadly adopted codes, e.g. EERA, DEEPSOIL, Cyclic1D, Strata, ABAQUS, FLAC, OpenSees, 2DFD_DVS for site response analyses and EQRM, CRISIS2007, OPENQUAKE, EQRISK, FRISK, SMSIM, FINSIM, EXSIM, COMPSYN for seismic hazard.
SHARE • STREST • SYNER-G
• Pitilakis K, Franchin P, Khazai B, Wenzel H (eds), 2014, SYNER-G: Systemic seismic vulnerability and risk assessment of complex urban, utility, lifeline systems and critical facilities. Methodology and Applications. Geotechnical, Geological and Earthquake Engineering, 31, ISBN 978-94-017-8834-2, Springer Netherlands.
• Pitilakis K, Riga E, Anastasiadis A, 2015, New design spectra in Eurocode 8 and preliminary application to the seismic risk of Thessaloniki, Greece, In: Ansal A, Sakr M (eds), Perspectives on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering, Series: Geotechnical, Geological and Earthquake Engineering, 37, Springer Netherlands.